Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Advice to Baruch College

If I were hired by Baruch College, I would use New Media to foster the communication between a student and professor. If professor wants to contact the student or vice versa, he or she most likely use email to communicate. However, some students do not get notified when they get email; so, they may forget to check. So, I think it would be very convenient if there is a live-chat between students and professor. This would allow save time for students and professor to communicate with each other; they do not need to wait hours for receiving an email.
This live-chat can be also used in the class, too. Some students want to ask questions in class, but they might be shy or do not know right timing to ask question. This live-chat can help these students to ask questions actively in class and professor to recognize that there are questions. New Media can create better communication environment between professor and students.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you would plan to do if you could give advice to Baruch. We do already have "new media" present, but it isn't very advanced. I can't tell you how many times I came all the way to school to find out the class was canceled and then I checked my email and saw they contacted us the night before via email and I didn't check my email because i don't get notifications. New media can definitely benefit us students.

    ReplyDelete